Looking for free and low cost continuing education resources?
- VIRTUAL BALINT GROUPS The WSU School of Medicine is offering virtual Balint groups for providers seeking second opinions on complicated patients. There is no cost to participate, and 1 CME is offered for each session attended. Click here for more details.
- TEAM TRAINING ON CARING FOR PATIENTS TAKING OPIOIDS The WSU School of Medicine is also offering patient case simulation for patients with chronic pain who are at risk for developing or have been diagnosed with opioid use disorder. This workshop covers roles and responsibilities of health team members to improve patient care. Here are the details.
- Resolve to improve your research skills in the new year by joining a HEAL-WA webinar! You’ll learn how to access to the HEAL-WA collection, observe best practices for finding current evidence-based information in HEAL-WA’s databases, ebooks, and full-text journals—all while earning 1 CNE credit. In a time when the convenience of Google and Wikipedia can expose patients and healthcare practitioners to inaccurate medical information, HEAL-WA provides a reliable alternative. On HEAL-WA, users can access full text journal articles, databases, e-books, and free opportunities for nurses to earn continuing education credit. And signing up for HEAL-WA is free.
- Our partners at the Eastern Washington Area Health Education Center have a comprehensive list of CE opportunities in Washington and online.
- Our partners at the Area Health Education Center for Western Washington maintain a list of free and low-cost upcoming CE/CME opportunities and Webinars.