VRP Program Application

Join the more than 2,000 VRP-covered volunteers across Washington State providing much-needed healthcare to underserved patients with the Volunteer and Retired Providers (VRP) Program.

→ All healthcare providers with a Washington State active or retired active license, or providers licensed in the U.S. who wish to volunteer at a VRP-approved site in Washington State, are eligible. 

→ There is no minimum volunteer time commitment. 

→ Eligible volunteers must be volunteering at a VRP-approved site.

→ Eligible volunteers must be licensed rather than registered or certified.

Please contact us if you need support with your application or have any questions at all. We're here to help! 

Malpractice Application | License Renewal Application | Out of State Providers








Malpractice Insurance

Please click on the button below to apply online for VRP malpractice insurance.

You are also free to submit a VRP malpractice application using our PDF form. This form can be submitted by mail, fax, or email.








License Renewal

If you are only using your professional license for unpaid work, the Department of Health will renew it at no cost to you. 

Please email, fax or send your license renewal form to the Washington State Department of Health with you license renewal card within 90 days of your renewal date.









 Out of State Providers

Out of state providers are also eligible to volunteer in Washington State! Even if you don’t hold a Washington State credential, if you’re licensed in another US jurisdiction, you can volunteer in Washington State up to 30 days per year, as long as you attest to meeting all legal requirements.

There are two steps to volunteering in Washington:

  1. Please submit your online attestation at least 10 working days (not including Saturdays, Sundays, and Washington State holidays) in advance of your volunteer start date.
  2. Optional: Out of state volunteers are also eligible for malpractice insurance to cover volunteer work. If you would like malpractice insurance, please apply online or submit a paper form.